Make the green tuna in quick time and put the potato in the oven while you play some games or take the children to see the neighbours, if they haven’t already turned their lights out, to pretend they aren’t home!
Green Tuna and Jacket PotatoPrint Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons dried basil, or 10–15 fresh leaves
- ¼ teaspoon natural green colouring (optional)
- 160g tin tuna in spring water, drained
Preheat oven 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
Pierce the potatoes deeply several times with a fork, then place them directly on the oven shelf. Cook for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until soft and cooked through (stick a knife in one to see if it’s tender).
For the green tuna, put all the other ingredients except for the tuna into a small food processor (or in a small bowl and use a hand held blender). Blitz until combined, give it a few stirs in between. Add a few drops of water if necessary.
Flake the tuna into a bowl and then pour the green pesto sauce over the tuna. Leave to stand while the potato bakes
Once the potatoes are cooked, slice them open, fill with the green tuna and serve.
* For a crispy skin, coat the potatoes in olive oil and rub with a little sea salt.