This is a sweet sauce and goes well with chicken and duck. It’s a good starting point for fussy eaters. Add some chopped chilli for older children and adults. Don’t forget to remove the seeds and wash your hands before rubbing your eyes!
Coconut and spinach pastaPrint Recipe
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 2 chunky garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 big handfuls baby leaf spinach
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- half the juice of a lemon.
- 4 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- Pepper and a little salt for over 1’s
- Fresh pasta (follow instructions of packet)
Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the crushed garlic, sizzle for about a minute then stir in the spinach and cook for another minute.
Next add the mixture to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blitz until smooth.
Served with tomatoes and carrot and turmeric bread
This pesto is best left to sit for a while so that the flavours settle; use the baby leaf spinach as its less bitter than the more mature leaf. For best results make it the day before you need it. Keeps for- up to 1 week in the fridge *Freezable for up to 6 months