I was really pleased with this smoothie, as it’s a vegetable smoothie that still tastes refreshing and sweet – just the thing to have on a summer’s day. The amount of vitamin C and calcium is all the more reason to drink it.
Did you know?
We can’t store vitamin C in our bodies so we need a supply from food daily. Vitamin C is so important for many functions in the body and will help boost your child’s immunity. A daily supply from food is crucial for a child’s development.
Sunny SmoothiePrint Recipe
- 1 romano red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 200ml milk (or half milk and half water)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon honey
Put all the ingredients into a smoothie maker or blender and blitz until smooth.
* Keeps for 24 hours in the fridge but best to drink freshly made. * Not suitable for freezing