When I’m looking for something super quick because I’ve either forgotten to plan something or the day has not gone as it should have or I just feel too tired to cook, I make this in about 5 minutes flat… its super quick to and its healthy and tasty too!
Did you know?
Mackerel is a delicious oily fish, rich in omega-3 fats, which are needed for healthy brains.
Quick Fish NoodlesPrint Recipe
- 200g of dried noodles- either wholegrain rice vermicelli or egg noodles
- 2 chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- handful of frozen sweetcorn
- 120g tin of mackerel in tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon red pesto (optional)
Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the noodles, mushroom and sweetcorn, (or lightly fry the mushrooms and sweetcorn separately)
When the noodles and vegetables are cooked, drain them in a colander, and return them to the hot saucepan.
Add the mackerel and red pesto, if using, and stir until evenly mixed.
Divide between plates and serve.
* Double the ingredients to feed 4-6 people * Keeps for up to 12 hours in the fridge * Freezable for up to 3 months